Forum L2MAD.WS

Summoner classes anulled

zedisonfire

Hey @MAD, @durable and @Adm1ral, how you guys doing?

We all see you guys applied some changes on summoners classes tonight.

At first point, the only advantage of the summoners classes was it's higher casting speed using arcane agility, and with this 2150 limit (which powerful classes like mystic muse MUST have), they've got just anulled from the game. Those classes were not unbalancing anything, being mass killers or over powered.

Secondly, but not less important, you guys said the changes were 'only applied on NEW server(s)', but it's not truth, because clearly the accessories has no longer pdef/mdef bonuses (image below) and also the casting speed mentioned above took place on 1200x today.

image.png.b291d016e0e6abc955d3a5d4a2791232.png

And, to conclude briefly, I'm not sure about what kind of balance you guys are looking for, but seems that there will always be the 'fighters time' and the 'mages time' separated by those 'updates', while bugs (many of them seems not to be that complicated to be solved) and players asking for support in this forum are kinda ignored.

Were the magician classes too strong (specially SPS, and still is and always will be)? YES! But not all mage's classes.

Titans using a sword or a bow (???) are and will also be always too strong. Even better than archers.

Duelists, for example, now can also use a bow if they want.

Now, for sure we will mainly find tyrants/duelists, ghost sentinels and mystic muses (as always) in the server, followed by a few daggers classes and necromancers/storm screamers.

Please, I'm not saying that it's easy to balance a server - and it's pretty nice to don't see ONLY archers and mages on PVP on this server (like most interlude servers) -, but I think some changes (like the first point of this post) have just ruined the magic of a server where you were able to play in different ways with different classes instead of the conventional ways.

If possible, rethink some changes and, please, hear better player's voice in this forum (like my last post mentioning hero circlet).

We really like l2mad, and who waste time speaking in this forum do cares.

Yours,

Zed.

7 hours ago, zedisonfire said:

Hey @MAD, @durable and @Adm1ral, how you guys doing?

We all see you guys applied some changes on summoners classes tonight.

At first point, the only advantage of the summoners classes was it's higher casting speed using arcane power, and with this 2150 limit (which powerful classes like mystic muse MUST have), they've got just anulled from the game. Those classes were not unbalancing anything, being mass killers or over powered.

Secondly, but not less important, you guys said the changes were 'only applied on NEW server(s)', but it's not truth, because clearly the accessories has no longer pdef/mdef bonuses (image below) and also the casting speed mentioned above took place on 1200x today.

image.png.b291d016e0e6abc955d3a5d4a2791232.png

And, to conclude briefly, I'm not sure about what kind of balance you guys are looking for, but seems that there will always be the 'fighters time' and the 'mages time' separated by those 'updates', while bugs (many of them seems not to be that complicated to be solved) and players asking for support in this forum are kinda ignored.

Were the magician classes too strong (specially SPS, and still is and always will be)? YES! But not all mage's classes.

Titans using a sword or a bow (???) are and will also be always too strong. Even better than archers.

Duelists, for example, now can also use a bow if they want.

Now, for sure we will mainly find tyrants/duelists, ghost sentinels and mystic muses (as always) in the server, followed by a few daggers classes and necromancers/storm screamers.

Please, I'm not saying that it's easy to balance a server - and it's pretty nice to don't see ONLY archers and mages on PVP on this server (like most interlude servers) -, but I think some changes (like the first point of this post) have just ruined the magic of a server where you were able to play in different ways with different classes instead of the conventional ways.

If possible, rethink some changes and, please, hear better player's voice in this forum (like my last post mentioning hero circlet).

We really like l2mad, and who waste time speaking in this forum do cares.

Yours,

Zed.

hello, updates took effect on all servers after the x100 merger
On the balance, we are continuing to work on improvements, we will also continue to improve the balance, we do not want to immediately cut / raise a certain class, it does not look nice, raise again mages, others will start complaining.

20 minutes ago, durable said:

hello, updates took effect on all servers after the x100 merger
On the balance, we are continuing to work on improvements, we will also continue to improve the balance, we do not want to immediately cut / raise a certain class, it does not look nice, raise again mages, others will start complaining.

Well, but you guys have made it when "updated" that status limit on those classes.

Since the beginning summoners had those statuses, and those classes were never too strong or over powered. They didn't and still don't need balance, because the resistences were already raised on buffs and etc.

Were not classes with too many players playing with it for being too strong - quite the opposite, nobody used to play with this class even with old status.

Now, as I said, it just got anulled, because there is no reason to use it anymore, since your main skill doesn't change anything on your status.

Why use this class while you need a weapon with an attack spell augment to hit someone, while a spellsinger have atleast 7 attack spells with combos, higher magic attack, SAME casting speed and is able to use wild magic augment on weapon to increase it's critical rate?

Exactly, there is no reason. You guys just sent players to a dead end when playing as a magician.

Yours,

Zed.

1 hour ago, Thugger said:

Your opinion is wrong, go to L2essence where the limit on cast and attack speed and new items give you nothing
We can remove Malaria and Flu from the game and the speed will not be hampered by the limit

I'm not sure if you are talking about my opinion, but if you are, maybe you should know that the basic advantage of summoners classes on a pvp server like l2mad is the hability of principally using arcane agility toogle skill to increase the character's casting speed, because the matk is pretty low when compared to other mage classes that can use arcane power toogle skill to increase the matk, and the summons are kinda useless outside olympiads on a pvp server with 34+ buffs.

By limiting it's casting speed equally the other classes, they DO get anulled, once now the arcane agility skill isn't changing anything on it's casting speed and, with the 'new balance',  it's casting speed is now about 80pts higher than a spellsinger, but with much less matk and without having the option of using wild magic augments for increase it's damage amount because of not having any native useful attack spells.

If a balance is needed, I don't think the thinking of 'okay, 2150 for everyone' is the best option. Maybe another specific limit for summoners? Maybe no changes? I don't know. But this doesn't seem to be a fair solution, and this is the point of this thread.

Based on this logical facts, and talking about l2mad and not "L2essence" or so, I really don't get your point.

And if you have any doubt, try to play with any of those classes that I mentioned after this update, and then give us a feedback about it's performenace on pvp or even farming.

It's a kinda non-sense and pretty generic change, but it's up to you guys.

We just play the game.

Yours,

Zed.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...